Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

Clifford and Stapleton - progress continues

The retinue is (very) slowly building as I further my research, build figures and generally get distracted by all the other stuff I have to do, mostly completely unconnected to wargaming and figures.

At least the first two figures are now together in some sort of composition. To restore English pride, I have an old Naismith spearman who I think will enjoy being ridden down by some further English knights on another base some time soon. Ying and yang and all that.

G
The brown splodges will be puddles, a simple paint effect with a few layers of gloss varnish. It is Scotland, so evidence of some sort of current or recent precipitation is essential to realism!



Probably my favourite of the pictures for showing how I want the two figures to relate to each other. Regardless of heraldry and historical context, which only I am likely to remember anyway, this shot shows why Stapleton's horse is rearing, as Clifford crashes to the ground just to its front.

No comments:

Post a Comment