Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

Achievement, Astonishment......and Atonement

Six months down and time for new plans.

By the end of June, I had bargained on getting 58 infantry and 24 cavalry painted, all in 28mm, covering such varied stuff as a few 1690-era infantry regiments, cavalry to accompany these and some more TYW musketeers. How did I do?

In no particular order:
1) 14 28mm Burgundian longbowmen...
2) 11 Sarsfield's Horse plus a broken cannon for decoration in 28mm (huzzah for one on target!).
3) 75 sundry War in Afghanistan Taliban and civilians in 20mm. Still don't really know why....
4) 2 28mm English knights from circa 1300, specifically Bannockburn. Samples for the future.
5) 6 Montpuillan Horse in 28mm for 1690 - huzzah again for another in the barrel!!!
6) 10 15mm vehicles for my late war 2nd SS.
7) ...........................and 6 Savage Orc Boar Boyz..................................

Not quite on plan.

14 28mm infantry, 26 28mm cavalry, 75 20mm infantry and 10 15mm vehicles.

The next three months is chocful of the previously planned (and largely ignored) 1690 stuff, following my sundry purchases at Phalanx. We will see.

But atonement.........

I have been tracking exactly how much I have been spending on what I consider to be a fairly cheap hobby. Excluding paint, I have spent over £550 since the start of April on wargames figures, books, etc. And I have only been to one medium-sized show in that time......

I seriously hope my wife never sees this..........She thinks my "little men" are rather a strange attraction at the best of times. I will not go into how much I have spent since February when I started to think about this..................

G

No comments:

Post a Comment