Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Two Months In...

Greetings one and all!

It has been over a month since I last posted and, as I have been lazy on the photography front (though I have painted a few things), it is words only for this early March return to blogdom.

So, what have I been up to?

Well, say it quietly through clenched teeth in the privacy of your own padded cell............."fantasy".

It took me a while to get going on the spending front, but, when the dam broke, I bought........fantasy.

There are a few blameworthy things to note in this deviation from the one true path.
  1. My first ever game of Lord of The Rings (yeah, OK, "strategy battle game"). I got to murder some dwarves with some Isengard Uruk-hai, and the juices started flowing. The fact that my ally's Moria Goblins were roundly toasted by Theoden and his cronies and I had to sort them out too did not go unnoticed (I have certainly not yet had my fair share of taunts at Nephew Paul's hapless misuse of the stunty cave dwellers, nor at Nephew Ben's inept handling of the bearded Ereborians). Thus, out came some long, lost Mordor Orcs, which were duly painted and added to with the addition of a few more Mordor Uruk-hai. Now, where did I put that Witch King (mounted and on foot) from the original LotR range from Citadel of 25 years ago or more???
  2. I played a 5K per side game of Warhammer, where my good, old Orcs & Goblins (estranged relatives of those mentioned above, but bigger and never having been in any films), allied with some Skaven, took on and thrashed some Lizardmen. In truth, the Orcs & Goblins did the thrashing, rather than the Skaven, and Slann Mage Priests make a satisfying "plop" sound when squished by giants......
  3. Games Workshop brought out new army books for both Warriors of Chaos and Daemons.
I have a soft spot for Orcs, Goblins, Chaos and dead stuff. I have a very large Orc and Goblin collection and a large Tomb King one. I have small Chaos Warrior and Chaos Daemon forces also. For Warhammer 40K, I have two Chaos legions, the Slaanesh-inspired Medusa Legion and the decidedly Nurgle-prone Death Guard. Buying the new books was a cert. I expect I will continue to play.

BUT!!!!!!

The WMMS show is just 6 days away, so normal service will be resumed from Sunday!!!!! (for a limited period only). What will I buy? What is on the "must have" list?

I will confirm that Welsh Archers for my Anglo-Scots stuff, along with a king or two, are pretty certain acquisitions. But I have also just taken delivery of something very different, which I also expect to add to in Wolverhampton this coming weekend.

How do you keep a blog reader in suspense? I will tell you later..........

G

No comments:

Post a Comment