Pages

Monday 2 May 2016

Bling/ Booty/ Swag/ Loot/ Lucre/ Goodies

The absence of an "official project" has not stopped my purchasing, much to the consternation of my wife and the joy of my bank manager.

We at the "Wyrley Retinue" believe we have much of what we need for next year's planned show game, so I am in the rare position of being able to paint what I like. I am not actually sure I want to be in that position, however, as there is nothing like a looming deadline to focus the mind!

Nevertheless, I am progressing at some pace with some things, which I will post on in due course. In the meantime, here are a few samples of my current thinking aka my recent purchases.

Let's see which ones see the light of day and the odd post or two first...

G


The WMMS Show goodies. The usual "Wargamers' Annual" (I buy every one as I love the idea and the delivery), some archers to boost my SAGA forces, a copy of "Black Ops for some modernist COIN OPS fun, some French Wars of Religion cavalry and. most notably, some 10mm ACW from Pendraken, that I want to use for Regimental Fire & Fury games eventually. That is my preferred route into ACW I have decided.

The trouble with taking your daughter to a wargames show is that they "want something". The good news is that she wanted a SAGA Saxon/ Anglo-Danish force. Job done. Now she just has to build and paint them...I can it hear now. "DAAAAAAD!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!"

A true historical love. Ever since I did my A Level history course on 17th Century Europe and discovered the Swedish Empire, I have had a love for the period and the main protagonists. This two volume, single print run spread from Caliver Books was well worth the asking price. Now, 10mm or 28mm?

And a little light reading. I was not intending to get into ACW using Black Powder", but this offering, as expected, has so much more. Well worth it on first perusal.

2 comments:

  1. Yes...I have promised myself to stay on track but I just love this hobby and its variety that I want to dip a toe in every bit of water I can find!

    ReplyDelete