Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

Gaelic Glee

Despite my penchant for the cruddier troop types, I still went a tad overboard on Fianna for my Irish forces. My excuse is that Dave Thomas was offering a deal and it would have been rude to leave a pack or two behind on the racks.

So, I bought both available packs of 8 figures with Danish Axes, giving me four lots of Fianna so equipped. These too are Crusader Miniatures and, I trust, will punch a fair few holes in many a foe as they swing and chop their way through life.

As usual, I indulged my passion for colour when painting these and patterned clothing was almost a given.

The Irish are done for the moment, but I will indulge in some horsemen sooner rather than later. One thought has occurred to me however. With the figures I have now bought and painted for my Dark Age Irish forces, I must have around 10pts' worth in SAGA terms.

That is verily a "Plethora of Plashers" to those of us who remember WRG 6th Edition Ancients, with the Irish able to spend points on the good, old plashed wood edge option. I imagine it saved a bit on buying and painting troops for those with Dark Age Irish armies...

G

The entire 16 figures, or four units of Fianna in SAGA terms. Two attack dice each so who cares about the reduced armour they have without a shield?

A patterned-cloth close up.









No comments:

Post a Comment