Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

Clay Muir

Hello again.

I trust you all had a most merry Christmas and Santa brought you something other than socks and underwear. If not, get yourself out to one of the early 2019 shows for some retail therapy at your favourite figure supplier or log on and fill that void in your life!

It is rather an idle time on the hobby front, but I have managed to complete the subject of this post, a Strath Clotan who shall go by the name of Clay Muir, if only because:

a) It sounds Scottish, I mean, Strath Clotan;
b) He is wielding a two-handed sword not dissimilar to a claymore, so it is a play on words, and:
c) "Wild-looking, tartan-clad ferret with a big chopper" is not really a good name for anyone...

Clay is the latest offering for my fledgling Dun Ringill warband, keen to leave the sunny uplands of Strath Clota (sic) for the rich pickings of a raid into Northymbra as part of the on-going expansion of my forces for "Burrows & Badgers". Until I get my hands on something who looks the part as a leader to fear, he may even take on that mantle himself. In the aforementioned game, and I have not done any particular science on this, I reckon ferrets are possibly the biggest bang for your buck of those creatures who masquerade as "small" or "medium" in game terms. Reasonable stats coupled with the FEARLESS trait means they can take on most things. Adding a suitable skill, a stat update as leader and a two-hander means he can pack a very decent punch.

Further additions to this warband are underway, using conversions and parts from other ranges, but they are unlikely to see the light of day as completed items before the new year dawns. They will be the first figures I have had any hand in making for this project though, so I look forward to getting them done. They will receive their own post(s) in due course.

Finally, I mentioned a trip to a show or a visit online to acquire some figures if you were left short of your miniatures fix by the festive giving. I got what I requested, in the form of a box of Van Saar gang members for "Necromunda". As we have no plans for a show outing with a demo game for the coming year. I am looking to try and plan some activities on the hobby front for 2019, and "Necromunda" is on that agenda. The only trouble is that I have around 24 months of stuff I want to do and 12 months to do it in! Something has to give...

G




No comments:

Post a Comment