Pages

Friday 21 June 2019

I saw a mouse...

Hello again.

"Where?" I hear you cry, in response to the title of this missive.

Well, it was not "there on the stair" at any rate.

The Oathsworn Miniatures painting fest continues apace with a couple of smaller offerings. I only have about 10 figures left to do, but there are more I want to get, so the project is far from over yet.

First up, we have an albino mouse for the Dickens Street Runners whom you may have spotted in my previous post. I have called him "Tiny Tim" (the burglar) in keeping with the Dickensian theme of the warband.

A slightly blurred offering, but still clearly an albino mouse with a short sword and a sack over his back.

Really must take better photos...


The second mousey offering is slightly different in that it is a dormouse. I am unclear as yet exactly which of my warbands the young lady will join and, unusually for me with this project, she is indeed interchangeable. I painted her with a check pattern, Rupert Bear's trousers style, on her dress, so she could pass muster with the Dun Ringill Doombringers, my Highland-style Strath Clotan raiders. She could also join the ranks of the fledgling Nutkin Wood Neighbourhood Watch, that band of small guys who have come together (slowly) to protect themselves from all the nefarious big guys in their locale. She could even join the Dickens Street Runners on occasion, providing a modicum of shooting power to an otherwise up close and personal attack option.I will have to research a suitable Dickensian name for her in that scenario - someone small-fry, perhaps a maid or washer woman, ideally with a sideline in something nefarious.

The universal dormouse



For I think the first time with these figures, I went for naturalistic eyes, though I am not sure if I pulled them off. An albino had to have red eyes, but I think they should be more pinkish in hue. Dormice also have dark red eyes and I am happier with these than those on "Tiny Tim".

At any rate, it is off to do some more Crimean War Russians now, whilst chipping away at the remaining pimple of Oathsworn stuff in between.

G




No comments:

Post a Comment