Pages

Wednesday 28 February 2018

An Attempt At Command

Hello again.

Having painted up the rank and file a week or two back, I thought it high time I put the command element of His Majesty's 58th Regiment of Foot together as well. And here they are.

As previous readers may recall, I had a choice of five regiments from which to choose, all of whom had contributed towards my Combined Grenadiers, and the prospect of black facings and yellow lace won out, hence the 58th "getting the gig" this time around.

The figures are an equal mix of Eagle Figures (the drummer and national flag ensign, albeit converted slightly in the latter case) and Redoubt. When the photos were taken, they still needed to be varnished and, of course, added to their parent units, which still needs the bases texturing. I will post the complete unit once it is complete.

The flags are my usual hand-painted on calico affairs, a time-consuming but surprisingly pleasant affair this time around. I even almost managed to get the straight lines straight too! The flagstaves are brass wire. I chickened out of trying to paint the regimental number in the centre of each flag and used a gold pen with a narrow nib, courtesy of Daughter Eleanor's art materials. It was still a bit of an "ask" writing so small and getting it neat...

G

Eagle Figure converted slightly by the removal of his original cast-on flagstaff.

Redoubt officer

Redoubt ensign

Eagle Figures drummer

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful figures, love the stunning job on the faces!

    ReplyDelete