Pages

Sunday 26 August 2018

Just a quickie

Hello again.

It has been almost a month since I last posted and, with lengthy Summer holidays now over (boo!) and after returning to work post holidays (much, much bigger BOOOOOO!!!), I thought I would once again say "Hello!"

Although I do not have any pictures this time, I have been busy and will regale you with the tales and depictions of my activities very soon. I have made a few decisions, however, and am looking forward to some tasty looking kit which I hope to acquire in the next couple of weeks.

1) I have decided to keep my dog! It was a close run thing, as Wellington might have said, but he very nearly ruined the Light Brigade all over again, not with confused orders but simply out of what perhaps passes for canine curiosity. I'll explain...
I wandered out into my garden a couple of weeks back and saw something shiny on the patio. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a 10mm cavalryman, with a few others I had previously not noticed close by. Looking around the garden and fearing the worst, I noticed a pile of silvery things down near the big shed. It was the rest of the Light Brigade from my Crimean War lead pimple!!! My very own four-legged terror had helped himself to the Magister Militum boxed set of the Light Brigade, had torn the box to shreds and scattered the contents. Luckily for the world's naughtiest Border Collie puppy, he had obviously not liked the taste and I duly accounted for all 48 cavalrymen and the three artillery pieces with crews. PHEW!!! NOTE TO SELF - keep the dog out of the Mancave!

2) I have abandoned my pretensions to game the Crimean War using "Regimental Fire & Fury" and, having enjoyed them so much at Barrage, settled on "Black Powder" as my rules of choice for this conflict, with "Rank & File" for back up. Having made this choice, I might even get a couple of forces finished in a rather quicker fashion than RF&F would have allowed.

3) I am most desirous of the new Games Workshop "Lord of the Rings: Battle of the Pelennor Fields" boxed set, which is due out next weekend, I think. I already have a decent Mordor Orc collection and the figures in this set will not only add seamlessly to what I have, but give me a start on some adversaries. A "Must Have" if ever I saw one!

So, next time out, I will have some piccies of a couple of very different projects I have been working on, but until then, enjoy the last of the summer!

G

1 comment: