Pages

Saturday 8 September 2018

Opportunities

Hello again.

There I was, minding my own business, when up on the TV screen pops an interesting little advert about a new part work - "Warhammer 40000: Conquest", blah blah, weekly in so many parts, blah blah, issue 1 only £1.99.

"Check it out!" I say to myself.

I did. I bought a copy.

As a sometime dabbler and would be dabbler in various GW things, rather than a committed "hobbyist" (sic), it is most debateable whether I would ever want/ need/ desire the three Space Marines supplied with issue 1. It is highly uncertain whether I will read the little magazine that comes with part 1 or whether I will now feel a massive need to actually crack on with a 40K project (of which I have at least a couple of part done examples...) It is wholly incredulous to imagine I will collect the whole thing, however many parts are involved, or will take up any of the special offers advertised with this issue...

So why buy it?

Three pots of usable, decent colour (i.e. not weird stuff, despite the names) paint, that's why! Issue 1 comes with not only 3 Space Marines but 3 pots of paint, namely a dark blue, a bronze and black (whatever they are actually called in the GW range, my description suits well enough). That is 66.3 pence per pot! BARGAIN!!! Issue 2 also comes with 3 pots of paint and 3 more figures, but the cost rises to £4.99, but that is still just £1.66 per pot. ANOTHER (not quite so lucrative) BARGAIN!!! Future issues will feature brushes, probably more paint, some terrain and probably more figures, but they are at the usual price of £7.99 I believe. Probably time to tip out at this point for me.



Even if you do not play GW games, I am sure you can think of a few options to dispose of the non-paint bits. The figures could go to a relative who does play, or to a young person who might like to if given such a start. You might play sci-fi but not 40K, so paint them up as combat robots or something. Some schools at least have games clubs, so you could donate them there. Or just swap or sell them on if that is your wish.

See you soon.

G

1 comment: