Pages

Thursday 7 March 2019

Foxy Lady

Hello again.

To be honest, "Hey Joe" is my favourite Jimi Hendrix song, but it certainly would not fit the bill for this post and probably not too many others either...

I have not tried painting a fox before in my seemingly ever-growing "Burrows & Badgers" collection, but, with a number of the species featuring in the Oathsworn Miniatures range, it was probably inevitable that I would get around to one sooner or later.

Fitting her into one of my existing groups is a bit tricky, as I simply do not know where she would fit in, but with "Burrows & Badgers" being such an inclusive set of rules, where owls can happily play nicely with mice and foxes with rabbits, I am probably overthinking it!

She would fit my Witch Hunters best of all, I guess, and, with the aforementioned ever-growing nature of the project, I will no doubt find her a suitable home at some point.

Anyway, here she is in all her glory. I have given her no name as yet (Robina Hood? Emilia Fox?) but something vaguely amusing will come to me I'm sure.

G

The foxy lady in all her toxophilite glory. I like the simple, natural colours of her clothing and fur, which I think entirely appropriate both on an aesthetic level and for her role - she is obviously a ranger or hunter by trade, the figure being marketed as a "Fox Huntress".

Simple clothing done relatively simply.

And simple equipment too. She seems to be missing a sidearm, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment