Pages

Sunday 21 April 2019

Mollie McClobber

Hello again.

My Strath Clotans finally have a leader courtesy of one of Oathsworn's more recent releases, which Nephew Nick obtained for me at my request at a recent show. Who would not want a wildcat with axe and shield? The fact that wildcats are a tough option in the "Burrows & Badgers" game and that she more than adequately fits the bill for Strath Clota given her plaid and bonnet were enough for me! And Oathsworn supremo Michael Lovejoy has stated that there will be more Strath Clotans in the next batch of sculpts, which means the clan can keep growing too.

She was a joy to paint, even the plaid, which, though a little time-consuming, was easy enough with some patience, the right brush and suitably thinned paint to ease its flow, but not so much that it just runs everywhere...

I have more Oathsworn figures left on the to-do list, some of which are even undercoated ready to go, but my most recent activity has seen me add to my Russians for the Crimean War, with more infantry, of which there cannot be too many. I will one day get around to some British infantry to go with the Light Brigade and will finish the Light Brigade too once I have bought the necessary extras required. Again, the absence of a definitive project is seeing me get through bits of numerous different projects, which suits me in my "skirmish" mode,  and might just see me through a couple of the many boxed games I bought with the intention of getting some figures completed. However, numerous projects means I sometimes struggle to decide what to do next, so I might be painting, but I am also a tad adrift. The Crimean War project will be a continuous one for a while yet, especially as 10mm Russians are quick and easy to paint (I hope the British will be too, but doubt it somehow...), but where else should I venture? I have, by way of a quick count, the following boxed games all crying out for attention, in no particular order:
  • Necromunda;
  • Kill Team;
  • Lord of The Rings: Battle of the Pelennor Fields;
  • Gorechosen;
  • Blood Red Skies;
  • Cruel Seas;
  • Carnavale;
  • Judge Dredd;
  • another I bought the other day and will save for a future post - it is big and the contents look amazing!
Still, this post was supposed to be about a certain wildcat, so here she is.

G

Mollie McClobber, with the target of one of her raids burning away in the background.



The artists' pens came in very useful again for the motto on the shield and also to draw in the characteristic cat's eye pupils.


2 comments:

  1. Judge Dredd? Do you mean Strontium Dog or is there a JD game I don't know about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a Judge Dredd boxed game published a few years back by Warlord Games containing various metal figures including Judges. Add on sets included the Angel Gang and various other protagonists from the comic series.

    ReplyDelete