Pages

Friday 26 January 2018

Musings and news(-ings...)

Hello again.

No pics this time, as the weather, real life and sundry factors have limited my ability to get anything finished, let alone write about it, so I thought I would drop in a quick post about general stuff.

Item 1:
I still have not finished the unit of Combined Grenadiers for my FIW project. However, I am now painting the last four figures for the 24-strong unit and hope to get them done this weekend. I may even get around to some varnishing and basing! This has been a real labour of love and it must be two months since I started them.

Item 2:
Not having been totally idle on the painting front (see Item 1), I have also managed to cobble together the 10 Goliath gang figures from my pre-Christmas purchase of the "Necromunda" boxed game from Games Workshop. Just the girlies of Escher to do, ten on to the inevitable need to paint them...

Item 3:
Last year, I managed to squeeze in maybe a dozen games at most, with a chunk of them coming at various shows with the "Wyrley Retinue". This year, however, it looks like we are having a year off, as life intervenes for many of us. Not a situation I am happy with, but there you  go. It also means I will now have to pay to get into the shows I do visit rather than spend all my cash, not to mention of chunk of available plastic, on purchases. Ho hum.

Item 4:
The future...

Hmmm.

I have so many potential projects, as many of you will know, and the aforementioned time constraints will mean I still have many potential projects this time next year!!!

So, what do I think I will get up to this year?

  • The FIW still holds my attention so I expect to have a few more units done over the next several months, all of which I will display here on the blog for those who want to look.
  • I also foresee the purchase of some cavalry and other bits this year to bring my FIW aims back across "the Pond" to Europe for some regular Seven Years' War activity.
  • I also expect to get my Necromunda stuff done, along with some terrain. Whilst I can foresee some MDF purchases to facilitate that terrain, I can also see a few scratchbuilt pieces coming along as the mood takes me.
  • Crimean War. Having bought loads at Derby last October, including extra reference material, this is still something I want to do soon. I can see me adding to what I have (Cossacks and Scots primarily, I think), probably at the WMMS show this March.
  • I intend to buy a load of suitable bases for my 10mm ACW lead pimple which may see me kick-start this project.

On the subs' bench are:
  • The French Wars of Religion, for which I have numerous figures already.
  • A return to my Williamite and Jacobite forces for the Irish conflict c.1690, prompted by the "League of Augsburg's" release of various uniform and flag PDF's.
  • Something totally out of the blue (as always!)
  • A return to WH40K.
  • An expansion of my Lord of The Rings forces for Mordor, now I have so many reinforcements to add to my existing stuff.
Being a less than adequate clairvoyant, who knows how much of the above will actually come to pass?

G

No comments:

Post a Comment