Pages

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Too much time at the gym

Hello again.

What do you get if you cross The World's Strongest Man, a bumper lot of steroids and protein shakes, a few severe knocks to the head playing rugby or American Football, some serious bad attitude and a cache of firearms?

The answer is a gang of Goliaths, of course.

The whole gang of ten.
I recently spent a few happy hours cutting and gluing these boys together, newly released from their sprues within my copy of the "Necromunda" boxed set. I built them pretty much as per the instructions, but have a number of parts left over, so if I want more with two-handed weapons or want another heavy weapon or two, I simply buy another box of these figures and build what I want, now I have an idea what goes with what.

They were very simple to construct and the shaped shoulder joints made fitting the arms a lot stronger in the join than previous GW kits, which were basically just flat faces butted together. My only quibble was with the two figures below.


The "quibbles".
These two were a tad problematic because they were running, with just one foot in contact with the ground, which means a greater risk of breakage. Now, the question of whether to pin these kits together or not is an oft-asked one, but I tend not to bother as my experience of these kits has not seen me break too many as a result of simply gluing them together. I am personally more likely to break off weapon putting them back into a foam storage tray! However, I decided to pin the left foot into the base on both of these and, with the one on the right still looking a little tenuous in his connection, I glued a piece of sprue rubble under his right foot for extra stability too. Job done.

They are not exactly top of my painting list at present, but they will be done at some point. I also have to build their opponents from the Escher gang and they look like they will need a lot more pinning to the bases for stability than the Goliaths did. Then, I might actually get a game in!

G








No comments:

Post a Comment